Loading Protocol fails

Hi François,

I a new issue with a protocol I'm working on with @filipa
We're two working on this protocol, using the same braistorm version, but as 2 different users on a linux file system.
I can load the protocol fine, but when the other user tries, it crashes, not finding some files that are there. All rights and permissions are ok as far as I can check. Most files and folders actually are hers.

When she starts brainstorm, it immediately shows a message box that subject-bla/@default_study folder is missing in the db, offering to delete, recreate, or cancel. The folder in question is actually there. We tried all three possibilities. It does that for all subjects and the data doesn't show up then in her main brainstorm window. I don't get this when I do it in the same folders as myself, the data is there, and shows up in my brainstorm window.
We even reset her brainstorm options.
Only difference is that I'm using matlab 2021b and she's using matlab2017. Could that be an issue?

Do you have any idea what could be happening?

Only difference is that I'm using matlab 2021b and she's using matlab2017. Could that be an issue?

I don't think so. The two versions should not use different .mat file formats.

Do you have any idea what could be happening?

Fate? Curse? Absurd randomness of computers? Beautiful randomness of life? :slight_smile:

Is the mount of the shared file system done in the same way? (cat /etc/mtab)
Can you load the files that Brainstorm complains about from Matlab (trying loading various files in subject-bla/@default_study with the Matlab load command)?

If you can't find any logic, I could give it a try via TeamViewer+phone or Zoom/Skype.
Send me a separate email if you need further help.

2 Likes

Turns out a @default_study folder ended up in the root folder of the protocol... @default_study that contained a sub-blah folder, and had an @intra folder next to it too... don't ask me why..

Removed them all and it now works...

Thanks!

Bon courage pour la suite :slight_smile: