Locate peak within scout

Hi François,
I am trying to find the peak location within a predefined (atlas) area. Is there a way to do this with the menus?
In a somatotopy experiment, I want to find out where the peak source of the somatotopic representation of a body part moves before and after treatment. I want to locate (i.e. extract coordinates) the peak activity within the precentral region of the Desikan-Kiliany atlas.
Or should I script such an operation? How would you go about it, step by step?
Many thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

I am trying to find the peak location within a predefined (atlas) area. Is there a way to do this with the menus?

Yes, with the menu Sources in the Scout tab:
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/Scouts#Menu:_Sources

I want to locate (i.e. extract coordinates) the peak activity within the precentral region of the Desikan-Kiliany atlas.

These menus "Maximal value" are not available for the FreeSurfer atlases, because they are considered read-only. But you can do a copy of the Desikan-Killiany atlas first (menu Atlas > New atlas > Copy atlas / Copy selected scouts), and then you will have access to the menus to find the maximum.
Not obvious, indeed...

If you want to script this, there is no independent function you can call directly, but you could find some inspiration in the functions CreateScoutMax and EditScoutMax in file panel_scout.m

Cheers
Francois