Manual positioning of electrode contacts using the MRI viewer

Hello all,

I'm having trouble manually positioning sEEG electrode contacts using Brainstorm (V 15-Jun-2018) on Matlab (V R2012b).

I managed to create a new electrode in the "iEEG" tab after right-clicking on the subject and selecting "sEEG/ECOG implantation". But when creating a new electrode by clicking "set tip" or using "set electrode" in the MRI viewer do not see a contact marker being created.

I tried to alternatively use the channel file as a basis, but I do not see any of the MR images (as is shown in the tutorial).

Any help with this basic issue would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards

Update 17.12.18:
We tried it again with the newest version but it still struggled to define the electrodes. Any help, any ideas?

Sorry for the response delay.

when creating a new electrode by clicking “set tip” or using “set electrode” in the MRI viewer do not see a contact marker being created

You need to position the electrode at the tip of the electrode (the deepest point), then click on "Set tip". Nothing is expected to be displayed in the MRI viewer after this step. Then move the cursor to the entry point in the skull (on any other point along the electrode), then click on button "Set skull entry".
The error message you show in your screen capture indicates that you didn't move the cursor between clicking on "Set tip" and "Set skull entry".

I tried to alternatively use the channel file as a basis, but I do not see any of the MR images (as is shown in the tutorial).

I am not sure to understand what you tried. Can you describe better what this means?

Have you tried to do this using the tutorial dataset before doing on your own data?