MNE-Python implentation of SSS/tSSS

Hello,

I have started using tSSS from BST. I noticed that there is no option to add calibration and cross-talk files although it is actually implemented in MNE Python. Is there any particular reason for this?

As I wanted to use this information, I modified 2 BST functions (process_mne_maxwell.m and process_mne_maxwell_py.m) and according to the screen output coming from MNE, it successfully loads calibration and cross-talk files and uses them in the process. I can share the modifications if requested.

Best regards,
Levent

Hi Levent,

It would be great if you could share your improvements indeed!

Have you added these extra inputs with additional options in process_mne_maxwell.m?
(option type "datafile", as in process_import_data_raw.m for example)

If you think your edits and you feel like it, you're welcome to open a pull request on the brainstorm git to submit your modifications.
If you are interested in trying this direct contribution but you need more directions, please ask whatever help you need.
Otherwise, post your code directly here, and I'll do the final integration.

Thanks!

Hi Francois,

I used 'filename' type but limited the files to .dat for calibration and .fif for cross talk files. I would be glad to share improvements on git. I will open a pull request for this option. Besides this, I have also worked quite much on DBS artefact correction lately and I have some implementations of popular cleaning algorithms which can directly be used from Brainstorm. I maintain the codes in https://gitlab.com/lkandemir/dbs-artefact-rejection. I would be happy to cooperate if you would like to include these algorithms in Brainstorm.

Best regards,
Levent

1 Like

Yes, all contributions are welcome!
Open one PR per category of tools you want to share, and ask on the forum or as github issues any technical detail or help you need for the implementation.
Thanks!

Hi Francois,

Ok, thank you. I will start with Maxwell now and over time I will open pull requests for other algorithms.

Best regards,
Levent