NIRS: Exporting data for analysis in a different statistical software

Hi there,

I just had a question regarding the exporting of NIRS data in Brainstorm. I have completed all the processing steps, and I am now trying to export meaningful data from a trial average graph. I tried exporting it to a csv file, however, it produces a sheet with thousands of columns that I am not sure how to interpret.

Is there a way to get single average and standard deviation value per trial or condition, or other relevant information like the maximum amplitude of the response? We would like to be able to use the NIRS data to compare it to other behavioural data using a different statistical software. Would this require us to export the trials to MATLAB in order to extract some key features we are interested in, or is there a way to do it within Brainstorm? If MATLAB is the only way, would anyone happen to have any useful resources on how to do this?

Thank you so much and all the best,

Nathan

One column = one time sample.

Is there a way to get single average and standard deviation value per trial or condition, or other relevant information like the maximum amplitude of the response?

Yes, but you need to compute this value first, and then export it.
The process Extract > Find maximum value can do that.

We would like to be able to use the NIRS data to compare it to other behavioural data using a different statistical software. Would this require us to export the trials to MATLAB in order to extract some key features we are interested in, or is there a way to do it within Brainstorm?

Unless you can import your behavioral info as data files in Brainstorm easily, it is probably simpler to do it in Matlab directly.

If MATLAB is the only way, would anyone happen to have any useful resources on how to do this?

To do what, exactly?
Please describe what data you have, and what you would like to do with it.