Opening BrainVision `.mat` file

Hi Francois,

I’ve tried that several times and every time I get the following error message:

Where is this .mat file coming from?
Are you able to open it directly in Matlab?

from BrainVision, I can open it in EEGLAB

Is the .mat file that you are trying to import a .mat file generated by FieldTrip?
If it is not, and your data is stored as a 2D matrix, try selecting the File of Format: EEG: Matlab matrix (*.mat)

I have tried all the options that can import .mat files, but none of them were successful. This is the result for EEG: Matlab matrix (*.mat):

@zhenzhen, the previous replies have been moved to its own topic.

The (.mat) Matlab files from brain vision analyser are not supported in Brainstorm yet.

A way to read this data would be to export the BrainVision data as the binary/multiplexed format (.eeg). This will create three files a *.eeg file, a .vhdr file and a .vmrk file. These can be imported in Brainstorm with the file format EEG: BrainVision BrainAmp

Could you share one or two examples of these .mat files?
Upload the file somewhere and post the download links here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QrAj9dBx5tdi00DB0O2ycMMA44W_YvlD/view?usp=sharing Here is the link.

I apologize for the confusion earlier. The data I have is from NeuroScan, and it has undergone time-frequency analysis in other software. Now, I want to perform source localization analysis on the spectral data. However, I'm unsure how to import it. I currently have data in .mat, .set, and .fdt formats. Do I need any other data formats for import? Can you assist me with this?

Hi, BTS, The data I have is from NeuroScan, and it has undergone time-frequency analysis in other software. Now, I want to perform source localization analysis on the spectral data. However, I'm unsure how to import it. I currently have data in .mat, .set, and .fdt formats. Do I need any other data formats for import? Can you assist me with this?

Here is the link of these data.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QrAj9dBx5tdi00DB0O2ycMMA44W_YvlD/view?usp=sharing 1

You cannot perform source mapping once the sensor data have been transformed in the spectral domain. One exception is when the original time series are transformed in full complex Fourier coefficients, but it doesn't seem to be the case of your data.

Hi @zhenzhen, please do not re-post a question to put in on top of the board.
We answer all the posts as fast as we can.

In addition, last week, I requested access to the shared file (in Google drive) and it has not been granted.

I'm moving this questions to the post where it was first posted.

Thank you.