Problem with processing raw data

Hi,
We have problems with processing raw data (link to raw file). We created a new project and then we copied the patient from the other database. This was done because the baseline file was already cleaned from artifacts by another researcher. At first attempt we were not able to open the baseline file before pointing out where the raw data exists on the hard disc.
Next we right clicked above the patients name and we selected review raw file. We selected files of type EEG: Neurone session folder. After this we copied the channel file from the baseline file to this new raw data because we wanted to copy the electrode locations from the baseline file. Then we double clicked to link to raw file and we were able to browse the new data set. Next we wanted to band pass filter the data and we dragged this link to raw file to process window. When we start the filtering process error appears. The error message is:

Is this some kind of read/write permissions issue?
The baseline file was originally analyzed with older brainstorm version and by another user. However we do not have problems with this old baseline file but the issue exists with this new data file. The current stand alone brainstorm version is 01-Oct-2021.
If we import the whole data to database and if we then select review as raw the process seems to work ok.

The current stand alone brainstorm version is 01-Oct-2021.

Please download a newer version from the website.

At first attempt we were not able to open the baseline file before pointing out where the raw data exists on the hard disc.

Before copying or moving a database folder, you should always run the menu "File > Export protocol > Copy raw files to database". It makes a copy of the original files as .bst files saved directly in the database folder.

When we start the filtering process error appears.

The error message you report seems to be when trying to resample the data.

Is this some kind of read/write permissions issue?

With all the manual copying and moving of files you've been doing, it's unfortunately impossible for me to guess what has gone wrong. If you can't find a simpler solution to your problem and really need to be able to process it as you described, I'd need you to share an example dataset so that I can reproduce it on my end and try to guess where the problem is coming from:

• Duplicate the subject (right-click on the subject > File > Duplicate)
  • Delete all the unnecessary files: keep only one raw folder containing a .bst file you can't process
  • Right-click on the subject > File > Export subject
  • If you are using an individual anatomy that you imported for the subject: delete all the anatomy files.
  • Test your package:
    • Menu File > Load protocol > Load from .zip file, select the .zip you've just created (e.g. "ProtocolName_SubjectName".
    • Try to run the filtering or resampling process you are having issues with
    • Post here the full error message you get
    • Post a screen capture of the options of the process you are running
  • Upload the .zip file somewhere
  • Post the download link here

Here is how the error occurs step by step:

1. I make a new subject
  2. I right click on the subject and click "review raw file"
  3. I choose the file I want to use. Files of type is EEG: Neurone session folder.
  4. This makes new raw file "link to raw file" which I drag to "Files to process" window
  5. There I try to pre-process the file, in example using "resample" or "band-pass filter"
  6. The error message occurs

Is this some kind of read/write permissions issue or is it something else?

I downloaded the NeuroOne files you shared by private message.
I had to create two subfolders, as you didn't keep the original file architecture in the shared dataset:

• SessionDir/: All the .xml files
  • SessionDir/PhaseDir/: All the .bin files

I followed step-by-step your instructions and had no issues with the band-pass filer (low-pass 40Hz) or the resampling (1000Hz):

Unfortunately, if I can't reproduce your error, I won't be able to help you fix it.
What you can still try:

• Make sure that using the same parameters as me, you still get the same error
  • Rename the NeurOne subfolders exactly in the same way as me, to make sure that there is no issue due to special characters (spaces...) or file paths that are too long.
  • Make sure you have all the access rights for all the sub-folders of your protocol folder. One annoying thing that happens sometimes on Windows systems, is that when new folders are created from Matlab do not have all the necessary rights. But if that were the case, then you would not even be able to create the link in the first place.
  • Can you review the signals correctly until the end? (when you double-click on the Link to raw file).
  • Try creating a new protocol on a different drive of your computer (eg. C:\brainstorm_db)
  • Try on a different computer, or with a different user on the same computer
  • Try using the compiled version of Brainstorm (version 2022a, available at the end of the Download page, which will require you install the 2022a Matlab Runtime).

If it works in any of these alternate conditions, it might give indications on what is going wrong in your current setup.