During subject import, I call process_import_channel in order to upload the correct channel montage (without this step, the channel locations defaulted to after process_import_data_raw are off by a fairly large margin. I have EEG data collected using an EGI geodesic 128 channel montage. I have tried using the channel_GSN_128.mat file included in the brainstorm default files, as well as manually exporting the channel locations after correcting them for one subject (to create a .tsv file with the electrode locations). I don't get an error message, the import just appears to not work, and skips over this step, moving straight to the projection step below. Any insight into what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated!
I've encountered another odd issue. After making the above changes, process_channel_project is not running in my script (it's called right after I add the EEG electrode positions). A window pops up to indicate that the projection is being run, but the progress bar does not move forward, and when I look at the channel locations, the electrode positions are not changed. Weirdly, if I enter the exact same code into the command window in matlab, it runs fine.
Any ideas? I updated brainstorm a few days ago, so I should have the most recent version.
No warnings. Seems like it should be working, but when I look at the channel locations after I run the script, it clearly hasn't worked. However, if I execute the same line of script in the command line, it works.
I figured it out. I had a line resetting the template to fsAverage after I projected the channels. So, the original channel location import was perfectly aligned, which meant it didn't look like process_channel_project did anything, but then I reset the template, and that shifted the channels with regard to the template. When I ran the code in the command line, it was done after I reset the template, so it projected the channels back to the scalp.
Thanks for your help, and sorry to bother you over my mistake!