Project iEEG contacts/values on brain cortex

Hello,
I have already transformed the iEEG contacts into MNI space. I would like to know if some of iEEG contacts belong to the superior temporal gyrus or the superior temporal sulcus and show them on the brain cortex. I think a solution is to project them on the flattened brain surface or at least on a very smooth surface with sulci showing. I increased the Smooth on the Surface options, I found the iEEG contacts would not change or project to the smoothing brain surface. Is there any suggestion?

I have converted iEEG contacts to MNI space. I would like to know if some of the iEEG contacts belong to the superior temporal gyrus or the superior temporal sulcus and show them on the cerebral cortex. I think one solution is to project them onto a flat brain surface, or at least onto a very smooth surface with the Sulci (Surface options) displayed. I increased the surface smoothing in the Surface option but found that the iEEG contacts do not change or project to a smooth brain surface. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,
Ping

Hi Ping, Yes, inflating the surfaces does not affect the position on the electrodes. A way to determine where the iEEG (are those subdural or SEEG?) could be to display them on the MRI (with the MRI viewer and overlay an Atlas).

Right-click on the channel file > Display sensors > ECOG+SEEG (MRI Viewer: VOLUME)

The VOLUME can be either the (reference) volume (usually the one with the Atlases), or the another volume that has been registered and resliced with the reference volume