Question about the workflow of functional connectivity between ROIs

Hi everyone,

I’m performing the functional connectivity analysis between ROIs. I wonder if the workflow below is right?
1, creat ROIs on the template brain;
2, project these ROIs to the anatomy of each participant;
3, get time series of each ROI in different experimental conditions from the source files for each participant;
4, perform the fc analysis between ROIs under each experimental condition and for each participant;
5, compare the connectivity index between conditions in the group analysis.
Is this process right?

Moreover, when extracting ROIs time series for single participant, should i use the subject average source file (with normalization), or use the source files of each trial to extract the time series? And for the unconstrained source, is it necessary to calculate the norm of the three orientations before time series extraction?

Thanks,
Lu

I’m performing the functional connectivity analysis between ROIs. I wonder if the workflow below is right?

This looks OK to me.

Moreover, when extracting ROIs time series for single participant, should i use the subject average source file (with normalization), or use the source files of each trial to extract the time series?

I think connectivity measures should not be computed from averaged signals, single trials are probably better.

And for the unconstrained source, is it necessary to calculate the norm of the three orientations before time series extraction?

@Sylvain @leahy @John_Mosher @pantazis @hossein27en ?

This topic is now documented in the tutorials: