Resource for Atlas comparison

My current project is aiming to compare source-localized EEG data with previous fMRI results for similar study designs, and as a result has some sub-regional activation hypotheses we'd like to evaluate. With consideration for this granularity our working plan is to use Schaefer-200 atlas parcellations to define our scouts, but the background literature for the definitions leaves a bit to be desired as far as clarity goes. 1) There's some discrepancies between naming conventions between the Schaefer github resources and how locations are listed in the atlas version that is default in Brainstorm. 2) I've yet to find any translation between Schaefer ROIs and more traditional regional-naming in other atlases.

Should it come down to it, there's always the option to select scouts by hand from the Schaefer selections/edit as needed, but before doing that I'm curious if there's a resource to cut to the chase on the matter. Is there anything available that offers a rough translation between various regional breakdowns such as DKT/Destrieux/Broadmann/Schaeffer? The previous research we're drawing on spans the last 20 or so years and use a diverse set of atlases so finding something like this would be really useful in defining and providing comparisons within our analysis pipeline.

Not sure how relevant it might be, but lacking functional scans of our subjects everything is being treated as uniform default anatomy via ICBM152 model.

Any insight on the matter is greatly appreciated!

The Schaefer atlases in the Default anatomy in Brainstorm are generated using mris_ca_label with the provided .gcs files as indicated in here:
CBIG/stable_projects/brain_parcellation/Schaefer2018_LocalGlobal/Parcellations/project_to_individual at master · ThomasYeoLab/CBIG · GitHub

You may find useful as well to see this list of abbreviations:
CBIG/stable_projects/brain_parcellation/Schaefer2018_LocalGlobal/Parcellations/README.md at master · ThomasYeoLab/CBIG · GitHub

1 Like

Appreciate the response! I had the abbreviation list and that was helpful, some confusion arose as the program-defaults sometimes flattened things like various medial regions(i.e. FrMed/ParMed in the file) under a singular Med designation but I've sorted that out by hand since asking here.