SEEG group analysis - LFPs & Time-frequency

Hi all,

I am working on an experiment with 2 conditions (Related Vs Unrelated) that I have run of patients undergoing SEEG.

I have used the Atlas function (using Brainettome Atlas) to identify contact locations and I have 6 regions of interest (e.g. MTG, STG, etc.). I would like to run a group analysis to identify statistical differences between Rel Vs. Urel condition in the different regions of interest, both in LFP and TIme frequency. How can I do that? I don't seem to be able to compare subjects with different electrodes names.

Thank you so much in advance

Matteo

There is currently no dedicated interface for group analysis of SEEG recordings by ROI.
These are important tools that we will be working on in the next years.

In the meantime, you can maybe use Clusters. This would let you average a few contacts within a ROI (but you'd need to select or type in the list of channels to group manually for each subject), and with the process "Extract > Clusters time series", you can save the "ROI" time series to a "matrix" file, using the same designation for each subject. This will let you compute group-level statistics on these "matrix" files later on.
The clusters are not saved in the database, so remember to save the clusters after creating them for each subject, so that you don't have to redo all this work multiple times.

I have never done it, so I'm not 100% sure that what I suggest is working. Please let us know if you are stuck somewhere.

You could also be interested in reviewing MIA, a Brainstorm plugin dedicated to group analysis in SEEG:
http://www.neurotrack.fr/mia/

@as_dub

1 Like