Showing error as Dot Indexing is not supported on variables of this type

We we aim to detect artifacts using the detect custom events
tab on EEG data after successfully loading events in the time series. As we run the detect custom events tab it is showing Dot Indexing is not supported on variables of this type. A solution to this issue will really be very helpful. Thanks

Please copy-paste the full error message you get in the Matlab command window.
A few screen captures illustrating the files in the database and the events listed in the Record tab would help.

Screenshot (26)

This is the error that is showing sir. I have attached the image in the previous comment.

What fails is the design of the frequency filter.

Please post the following screen captures, for helping us debugging your issue:

• The options window of the detection process
  • The file you are processing (signals shown when opened with a double-click)
  • The Brainstorm window showing:
    • the database explorer showing the files you are processing ,
    • the Record tab showing the list of events in the file
    • the time window panel showing the signal duration and frequency

Sure sir! I have attached the screenshots below. Kindly take a look.!

There is something wrong with your signals: the sampling rate is indicated to be 1Hz.
Therefore, you can't expect the filtering between 10Hz and 40Hz to work.
You need to fix this in the file your import.

For long files like this one, you should be using the menu "Review raw file" instead of "Import MEG/EEG". Or then, right-click on your file > Review as raw.

I'd recommend you start by following the introduction tutorials using the example dataset (section Get started on the tutorials page):
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials

Hi Francois,

I have a similar problem sometimes. I'm running BST functions through a script and I got this:

Dot indexing is not supported for variables of this type.

Error in bst_get (line 2788)
if isempty(GlobalData.Program.HasSigProcToolbox)

Error in bst_bandpass_hfilter (line 180)
if bst_get('UseSigProcToolbox')

I closed Matlab and started again then opened the BST before running the script and it solved. Is it something related to a global variable?

Thanks

@hossein27en It means that you have closed Brainstorm, or cleared the Brainstorm global variables after Brainstorm has started.
Never call clear, clear functions, clear classes or clear all while Brainstorm is running.

1 Like