Smoother video-EEG display

Dear Brainstorm Community,

I am currently using Brainstorm to analysed 24-hr, animal video-ephys data. The video is sampled at ~20 Hz in .avi format and ephys (3 signals) at 2,000 Hz in .edf.

Using the Video-EEG function, I linked the data together; however, when trying to review them together, I found that, although the video could play smoothly, the ephys data display could not (ie, the red line marking the ephys data corresponding to the video frame was not updated smoothly). I already tried changing the duration in page settings (4-600s), displaying only 1 ephys signal, downsampling the ephys recording (400, 100, and 20 Hz), and moving the raw ephys file from a network location to a local folder. I did thought of parsing the data into smaller segments; however, the video and ephys data were acquired using different softwares, both of which were difficult to use to parse these data into smaller segments. Thus, this would not be the most ideal solution.

I am wondering if there is anything that I can do to allow the video-EEG data to be reviewed together smoothly. Thank you in advance for any insights.

Sincerely,
Li-Yuan (Debby) Chen

Hi @debbychen, which OS and Matlab version are you using?

Hello @Raymundo.Cassani,

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system and MATLAB R2021b. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Li-Yuan (Debby) Chen