Source localization of hippocampus using individual anatomy

Dear Brainstorm community,

I am interested in localizing activity during an EEG-ERP task to the hippocampus.

I also have the individual anatomy of each participant, and have already processed these with CAT12 within Brainstorm. I also preprocessed these MRIs with Freesurfer and recon-all on the side.

I followed the DBA tutorial. However, as the tutorial uses the default anatomy, my question is how can I apply the same steps but using the hippocampus volume as provided by Freesurfer. CAT12 doesn't seem to provide any subcortical structures (I may be wrong on this).

Would it be best to create a new protocol, import all the functional and anatomical data again, but this time with Freesurfer, and then follow the steps as outlined in the DBA tutorial? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

This is a work in progress, it will be documented in the next few weeks.
If you update CAT12 and update Brainstorm, you should already be able to get anatomical atlases in the cat12 subfolder "mri_atlas". For this, answer "YES" when asked to compute anatomical atlases.

Right-click on the subject folder > Import surfaces > File format "Volume mask or atlas (Subject space)", and select one of these atlases. I haven't check yet, what is available there, but you might have at least a hippocampus surface somewhere to add to your source model.

In reality, this may not add much to a volume source model, or an unconstrained cortical model, which are both much easier to manipulate.

This requires re-running CAT and re-importing all your data anyway, so it is not a much better alternative for you at the moment, than starting again from importing the FreeSurfer segmentations of your subjects.