Unable to open after update

Hi, Francois
When I opened brainstorm today, it was automatically updated. After the update, when I entered again, the following error was prompted, and brainstorm interface could not be opened.

See this thread: Undefined function 'ICON_Y_UP' (IconLoader) - #6 by Francois
Close Matlab after updating.

I updated it again and the problem was solved. I'm really sorry to bother you again, I would like to ask whether brainstorm can perform interpolation on MEG data?

Thanks Francois!

What kind of interpolation?

Please note that you can search the website or the forum. Example:

I want to perform spherical interpolation on the channels that I have labeled as bad channels and reassign the signal values of these channels.

I want to perform spherical interpolation on the channels that I have labeled as bad channels and reassign the signal values of these channels.

See the processes Standardize > Interpolate bad channels or Standardize > FieldTrip: ft_channelrepair.
We don't recommend using this for replacing bad MEG sensors.

My current idea is to use mne-python to perform spherical interpolation on the data, but one of the data read by mne-python is in the form of mat+fif. After preprocessing meg data with brainstorm, I can only export bst data. Maybe there is a way to export other types of data for used in mne-python? If not, can brainstorm have other interpolation methods for bad channels? :thinking:

In most cases, replacing bad channels is not necessary in MEG analysis, and not recommended if the objective is source-level analysis. The least amount of pre-processing is always to be preferred.

Using SSS/tSSS (MNE-Python function mne.preprocessing.maxwell_filter, available from Brainstorm in the process menu Pre-process) would also replace the bad channels.

Maybe there is a way to export other types of data for used in mne-python?

Functions out_mne_channel.m and out_mne_data.m.

If not, can brainstorm have other interpolation methods for bad channels?

You can access all the data, so you can implement all the custom tools you need:

For your future questions, please create a new thread for each new topic.