Want to check the channels of my EEG device recorded data

Hi.... I'm a research scholar, and I'm using an RMS EEG device in my institution for the recordings. When I used its EDF file in brainstorm it showed (I felt) the channels of my EEG recordings were not coming as the same as in the brainstorm. Can I share the EDF file here to get advise/check on this issue?

Hi @shynurobert,

There are many variables that can give discrepancies between how the EEG traces look in your device and how they look in Brainstorm. Among these variables we can name: time/amplitude sacles, montages, channel order, frequency filters, display modes, etc.

Can you provide screenshots showing what are the differences that you find?

This is how our device looks like

DC2-REF(Event marking- manually using an external device provided by the company) is an additional channel that we created in 32 channel

can you check and confirm all the data showing in the brainstorm is the same as in our device?

For viewing the data we used -
Sn-7.5V/mm
Sw-30mm/s
L-1.0Hz
H-0.5Hz
N-50Hz

Please provide a Brainstorm screenshot of the same data segment as you showed above.

1 Like

they seem very noisy, was the recording computer plugged during the study?, it is maybe due an electric artifact

1 Like

Maybe if you can guide me on how to get the same channels (look at the right side of the image) based on the settings in my EEG Device (eg: DC2-Ref, Fp2- F4 etc), will help me... i guess.??

Actually, i'm sharing the EEG data (EDF) without connecting to a candidate, Just want to check... My EEG Device is supporting/reading in brainstrom correctly. But for this, I had created one more channel to mark event through an external device provided by the same company.

Actually, i'm a beginner in this field, (I'm an architect), as part of my research I'm looking forward to learning about using such a platform. So it will be great if you can guide me.

Increase the amplitude scale of the Brainstorm display using the +/- button in the top right corner of the window.