Head Model Generation Issue

Hi Team,
For a subject from OMEGA dataset, I observe that head model to be bizarre. I tried 2 times to generate it, but getting the same results. Can you help me understand why is it happening so ?

Thanks

Hi @Rasmita, please provide more details on this issue:

What is the participant Id that is causing the issue?
How is the head surface generated?
Was MRI segmentation performed? If so which method?

Hi Raymundo,

Participants sub-PD0980 and sub-CONP0101

I used CAT12 segmentation option and it segmented MRI and generated the head surface.Thanks

@Marc.Lalancette, could you give a look to this?

What I can suggest for now is to try a different way to create the head surfaces, like the simple Brainstorm function (not a plug-in).

We were able to create them here with the Brainstorm head surface function, though I modified it to get it to work better for some subjects. (Unfortunately, these modifications are not in a state ready for sharing, and may not be adequate to fully replace the existing Brainstorm code.) But for just 2 subjects, you can play with the threshold you give the head surface function and you should be able to get something acceptable.

Cheers,
Marc

I see.. can you let me know which brainstorm function did you use ?

Hi @Rasmita

you can refer to this tuto:
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/TutBem#BEM_surfaces

The one I was referring to is the one just above: generate head surface.

Hi Marc,
I did try the "generate head surface" and I am still getting the same head model as shared earlier.

But that function has a background threshold value you can change until it works.

I see - Thank you!!