Freiburg, Germany: December 16, 2014
Brainstorm full-day training session: EEG, ECOG and epilepsy.
Where: Faculty of Engineering, Georges-Köhler-Allee 101, conference room 02-0.16/018
When: Tuesday, December 16, 8am-6pm
Instructors: Francois Tadel, Elizabeth Bock, Sylvain Baillet (Montreal Neurological Institute / McGill)
ECoG, EEG and MEG users interested in analyzing their results using Brainstorm.
No specific background required.
Participation fees: Free
Maximum attendance: 50
Additional information: The Brainstorm workshop will be preceeded by a lecture on brain dynamics by Sylvain Baillet on Monday, December 15, 5:15pm, same room.
The participants are required to bring a laptop (an external mouse will add to your comfort). In order to make the session as efficient as possible, we ask all the attendees to download, install and test the software and sample dataset on their laptops prior to the workshop.
Please read carefully the following instructions:
How to prepare your laptop for the training
08:00-08:30: Breakfast and laptop clinic
- Come early for assistance in installing the material for the training session
08:30-9:30: Brainstorm overview
- Software architecture
- Typical data workflow
9:30-10:45: Hands-on training begins
- Database explorer
- Importing MRI volumes, surfaces and atlases
- Introduction to anatomical atlases
10:15-10:30: Coffee break
10:30-13:00: Hands-on training
- Co-registration MEG/MRI
- Reviewing continuous recordings
- Artifact detection and correction
- Filtering and epoching
- Averaging, observation of a typical somatosensory evoked response
13:00-14:00: Lunch break
14:00-15:30: Hands-on training resumes
- Head modeling, cortical source reconstruction
- Definition of ROIs
15:30-16:00: Coffee break
16:00-18:00: Advanced topics and open discussion
- Time-frequency analysis
- Functional connectivity
- Advanced scripting interface
- Other topics can be discussed depending on the audience specific requests