Oldenburg, Germany: December 18-19, 2014
Two-day training session: MEG and EEG.
Where: HWK Delmenhorst (http://www.h-w-k.de/)
When: December 18-19, 8am-7pm
Instructors: Francois Tadel, Elizabeth Bock, Sylvain Baillet (Montreal Neurological Institute / McGill)
Target audience: MEG and EEG users interested in analyzing their results using Brainstorm.
No specific background required.
Maximum attendance: 30
The participants are required to bring a laptop (an external mouse will add to your comfort). In order to make the session as efficient as possible, we ask all the attendees to download, install and test the software and sample dataset on their laptops prior to the workshop.
Please read carefully the following instructions:
How to prepare your laptop for the training
Workshop program: Day 1
08:00-08:30: Breakfast and laptop clinic
- Come early for assistance in installing the material for the training session
08:30-09:30: Brainstorm overview
- Software architecture
- Typical data workflow
09:30-10:15: Hands-on training begins
- Database explorer
- Importing MRI volumes, surfaces and atlases
- Introduction to anatomical atlases
10:15-10:30: Coffee break
10:30-12:30: Hands-on training
- Co-registration MEG/MRI
- Reviewing continuous recordings
- Artifact detection and correction
- Filtering and epoching
- Averaging, observation of a typical somatosensory evoked response
12:30-13:30: Lunch break
13:30-15:15: Hands-on training resumes
- Head modeling, cortical source reconstruction
- Definition of ROIs, tracking the processing of the sensory information at the cortex level
- Time-frequency analysis
- Functional connectivity
15:15-15:30: Coffee break
15:30-17:00: Advanced topics and open discussion
- Group analysis and statistics
- Advanced scripting interface
18:00-19:00: HWK Hanse lecture series, Sylvain Baillet
Workshop program: Day 2
Participants will analyze their own data in small groups.
Results will be presented by the groups and discussed.