ECoG/sEEG tutorial Trouble displaying anatomy

Good evening!
I was trying the ECoG/sEEG tutorial when I got a weird anatomy display,

I just followed every step to import the protocol's anatomy, but the result doesn't t look like the tutorial's:
This is the result I got from importing the pre-implantation T1 MRI:

Head mask looks squared!

I followed every step in the tutorial, I already have SPM 12 installed, Matlab 2017b and the last version of BS and I used the BS sample_ecog.zip file

Can you help me please

Thanks in advances!
:slight_smile:

Hey Tourette,

I cannot help you unfortunately, i checked on matlab2020a and with the importbids function the same problem is there so it's not a matlab version issue.

Kind regards,
Steven

1 Like

I was reading on a recent post that changes in mri histogram function can lead to similar problems:

Problem fixed in this commit:

The background removal detection added recently was removed. Only the manual definition of the threshold in the head surface computation was kept.
To recompute the histogram for the MRI already in the database and get a fixed "guessed background theshold" when generating the head surface, simply display the histogram (right-click on the MRI > Display > Histogram)

Thanks!
For me the display MRI histogram option did not fix the problem, but I simply deteled the protocol and created it again and everything went fine!
Thanks for fixing that bug!
:slight_smile: