Error with waveclus plugin

Thanks much.
I am going through the supervised spike sorting Waveclus algorithm and when I use the "Save and Next"
button I get the following error:

BST> Warning: Downsampling signals for display (keeping 1 value every 3)
BST> Plugin waveclus already loaded: C:\Users\konstanc.brainstorm\plugins\waveclus
Error using wave_clus>save_clusters_button_Callback (line 587)
Error: Invalid expression. Check for missing multiplication operator, missing or unbalanced delimiters, or other syntax error. To
construct matrices, use brackets instead of parentheses.

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 95)
feval(varargin{:});

Error in wave_clus (line 63)
gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

Error in panel_spikes>SaveElectrode (line 456)
wave_clus('save_clusters_button_Callback', save_button, ...

Error in panel_spikes>CreatePanel/ButtonSaveAndNextElectrode (line 91)
SaveElectrode();

Hello,

Could you please help me with the error above?

Best,

Kostas

Hi @Kostashatzis1,

This bug has been fixed in: Bugfix ephys (#616) · brainstorm-tools/brainstorm3@18ce6a5 · GitHub

Please update your Brainstorm instance and try again.

Best,
Raymundo

Thanks much.

Best,

Kostas

I have updated Brainstrom, but unfortunately the error persists.
Thanks.
Best,
Kostas

You Brainstorm should be version 24-Apr-2023
Is this the case?

Also update the waveclus plugin
Plugins > e-phys > waveclus > update

If the error persist, can you share some screenshots are details on what actions evoke the error?

Yes, the error persists and I have both the 24-April-2023 version and the waveclus plugin updated.

Thanks for the information, it was useful to detect the issue

The problem seems to have it origin in the single quotes, as they interfere in the way wave_clus calls its functions. For example the name 'CH33' as your shared image.

To solve it, you need to edit the Channel file(iconChannel) to remove the single quotes in the channel names:
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/ChannelFile#Edit_the_channel_file

Note that you will need to re-run the unsupervised spike sorting, as the channel name is saved in the Spike file (iconSpikeSorting).

@Francois, we me want to consider to review how we import channel names in Brainstorm to avoid similar troubles, specially with plugins as it was the case with wave_clus

1 Like

Thanks much.

Best,

Kostas

A post was split to a new topic: Event.mat file is not loaded