Export preprocessed data after ICA removal to Matlab

, ,

Hi! I applied classical preprocessing in Braistorm to eeg data for erp analisys (i.e., band filter, resample, ICA). I'd like to export all the preprocessed data to matlab, but I can only find band/resampled data, whereas I cannot find the data with ICA removal applied (there's only data 'before' ICA removal and the ICA informax matrix). Any suggestion? Thanks a lot

Hi @TCiorli,

ICA (and SSP) projectors are saved in the channel file associated with the (continuous) raw recordings (iconRawData).

These projectors are applied on-the-fly on the data, thus their effect on the data are not saved (yet), thus their effects are not in the exported data. To definitely apply the projectors there are two options:

1. Import raw recordings
    Right-click on the raw recordings and select Import in database. The menu that appears has a checkbox that if selected applies the linear projectors. In addition, you can select the time segment of data to import, split in blocks, or split by events. This will create a new folder with the imported data.
    More info on importing: https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/Epoching

2. Apply projectors on the raw recordings:
    Use the process Artifacts > Apply SSP & CTF compensation on the raw recordings.
    This will create a new raw recordings file with the prefix _clean which is the original raw recordings with the linear projectors (ICA, SSP, EEG re-ref, CTF compensation) applied.