FMEG FORWARD Modeling

Hello,

From my side, I think brainstorm LF computation is possible between the fetus cortex and OPM sensors , the principle is still the same.
However, I'm not sure that we have a model of the OPM sensors (file format and integration points). Also, the full geometry model of the fetus should be constructed outside of brainstorm.

To add more infos to Francois's answer.
You can use these available meshes and build your complete model and then import the final model to brainstorm. You can also merge/modify and align all these mesh surfaces from the brainstorm interface.

Regarding the cortex mesh of the fetus, from what I know there are not available models, but you can approximate it by one model form here: https://www.pedeheadmod.net/
I
also here is an interesting reference: Effects of sutures and fontanels on MEG and EEG source analysis in a realistic infant head model - PubMed (infant head model and the effect of the fontanels)

When you have all the geometry and channels models available, you will need the conductivities values of the tissues in order to compute the LF.

For the computation, you can use either the Opnemeeg or Duneuro. For openmeeg I think you can use up to 3 or 4 layers (check here: Tutorial — OpenMEEG). With FEM Duneuro, you can use as much as you want, but the recommended number is 5/6 layers. The effects of the tissues are discussed here : A guideline for head volume conductor modeling in EEG and MEG - PubMed

If you want to use the Duneuro, you can easily generate the FEM mesh from the surface with brainstorm.

For the layers to use, it depends, the EEG is more sensitive to the number of layers and theire conductivities than the MEG (refer to the previous Lew paper link).

I hope this may help.
Best
Takfarinas