Interface problems MEM source imaging

Dear all,

I am experiencing several problems running MEM source imaging (Matlab 2018b & latest version of brainstorm). For me at least the first two problems seem to be related to the brainstorm UI:

When selecting multiple traces at the same time 'Compute sources [2018]' non-linear methods are grayed-out.

When starting the batch-editor and selecting non-linear methods in the edit field of 'Compute sources [2018]' I get the following error:

Starting source imaging from a single trace:
When trying to select a separate baseline file in the MEM options windows I get the following error:

Thanks for your help in debugging these problems.

@youneszer @klack @RChowdhury @tanguy @Lina @cgrova ?

I thought that it was related to the brainstorm user interface. That is the reason why I was posting it here. Is that wrong?

This code is part of the BEst toolbox (function names starting with be_), distributed and maintained by our colleagues in Montreal.
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/TutBEst

Hi Francois,

I'm having the same problem described above. I cannot access the nonlinear menu for source analysis. When I managed to do it manually, I received a message saying the the BEst package is not available in my computer. It offered an option to download it but I received the following error:

*** Error installing BEst ***
Impossible to download BEst:
Error: File is empty.

Do you have a link to download the package?

The link that you posted above (https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/TutBEst) takes me to the tutorial, but there are no instruction on how to download the package or install it manually.

Best,
Jose

Hi Francois,
I figured out how to install the BEst package. The "Impossible to download BEst" error appeared when I right-clicked on an EEG file and selected to compute sources with a nonlinear method. I managed to install the package by 1) manually downloading the BEst .tar file from Github, 2) copying it into the brainstorm3/external/brainentropy folder, and then 3) running the nonlinear method. The installation ran smoothly after copying the file into the folder.

Best,
Jose

@youneszer @klack @RChowdhury @tanguy @Lina @cgrova
Can you please check the download URL for downloading your plugin?

Thanks
Francois

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this bug to our attention,
A fix was applied and it will appear in the next updates of Brainstorm.

The old way to solve the install failure was to simply try to do the install twice.

@diomedes,
Please make sure that the BEst package is not installed somewhere in the directory brainstorm3 (as it would be deleted the next time you update Brainstorm).
The package should automatically go to the directory .brainstorm if the install is successful.

Blessings,

A fix was applied and it will appear in the next updates of Brainstorm.

The update is now online.

Thank you!

Best,
Jose