Issues with FEM tutorial

Hi everyone

I tried to go through this tutorial (working with Takfarinas), but wasn't able to load meshes or create FEM models. Am I supposed to load the duneuro sphere (test_sphere_tet.msh) as a surface? This gives me an error:

surface_error

Also, I have issues creating a FEM mesh in Brainstorm. When I try to create a mesh with Iso2mesh (as described in https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/Duneuro) I am supposedly missing a function or variable:

FEM_error

I couldn't find the sample_fem.zip here, so maybe that is missing?

Thanks,

Max Nentwich

Hi Max

Indeed, the model used in this tutorial is not distributed with the correct format. You can not load the .msh file directly to brainstorm.

I will send you the brainstorm format of this model and probably add a link to the tutorial.

This is solved now, you need just to update brainstorm or pull the new change with git.

the same thing, this tutorial is still under development and these data are not available for now,
however, you can reproduce the process of the tutorial with the Introduction data or even with template subject.

A+
Takfarinas

Can we use Duneuro without internet conection?

Everytime I try to compute a head model with Duneuro it gline it gives a error warning:
"could not get current online version of bst_Duneuro"
(or something like that),
@Francois explained me that is because of a SSL Brainstorm site certificate trouble, but I had already Duneuro installed, so I was wondering if there is a way to use it without the internet issue

Thanks in advance!

If you have it already in your computer, yes you can use it but you need to change some line on the code.
So if you have it, you need to add these lines in the matlab function bst_duneuro.m at line 32.

% Install bst_duneuro if needed
[DuneuroExe, errMsg] = duneuro_install();
if isempty(DuneuroExe)
DuneuroExe = bst_fullfile(bst_get('BrainstormUserDir'), 'bst_duneuro','bin','bst_duneuro_meeg_win64');
errMsg= '';
end

1 Like

Hopefully this will get fixed soon.
I'm still waiting for news from the web server at USC...
@hossein27en @leahy @Anand_Joshi?

Thank you!
It worked! :smiley:

:flushed:
Thanks for all your efforts, really