Mem

Dear expert
I want to explore the theta oscillation source by the BEst toolbox, the online tutorial (https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/TutBEst ) introduces the method.
But it seems to be no any option about MEM in the new version of brainstorm (updated 07/06/2019). I calculated the head model by cortex surface, and did not add brainstorm to the folder of MATLAB. So how can I use this toolbox in brainstorm? If it is only appear in the expert model, how can I open the expert model?
Regards,
May Li

Hello

I switched your private message to a public topic so that the developers of the MEM toolbox can receive a copy of your message as well. @aliobaibk

There is no special expert mode you need to get access to this option.
Note that you cannot compute a "shared imaging kernel" with this inverse solution. You would only get access to the button "non-linear" in the window "Compute sources 2018" if you right-clicked directly on a recordings file in the database.

If there are things you do not understand, please post screen captures of the "Compute sources" window, and your database explorer showing the files you have computed so far and the file you right-click on to get this option window.

Francois

Hello,
Thanks @Francois, issue was solved privately but I am pasting here the answer given so it may benefit others,

Please try the following (screenshots attached here for help):

1. Right click on a Recording then select "Compute sources [2018]" (might also be "Compute sources" without the [2018])
  2. A panel will appear, go to the "Non-linear" tab and then click "OK"
  3. Approve downloading the BEst package "Yes"
  4. BEst is now installed, a panel will appear where you can specify the MEM options.
    4.1 If the panel did not appear, then the download failed and in this case just repeat one more time the procedure.

Blessings,