Multitaper method

Hi José,

Not all the options in the FieldTrip function are available in the corresponding Brainstorm process. We hardcode some (less sensitive) parameters in order to decrease the complexity of the interface and the risks of manipulation errors. Many Brainstorm users would not understand what all these parameters mean and would not set all these values correctly. The simplication of the parameters that is proposed here is inspired from the one in SPM12 function:
spm12/spm_eeg_specest_mtmconvol.m at main · spm/spm12 · GitHub

The Brainstorm version of this parameter definition:
brainstorm3/toolbox/timefreq/bst_timefreq.m at master · brainstorm-tools/brainstorm3 · GitHub

Time step should be 5 ms?
Time resolution should be 400 ms, for me?

It looks like this is correct.

tapsmofrq = frequencies / modulation_factor
But since I decide to have a constant smoothing factor this should be 20 Hz, right? or 0.05?
In Fieldtrip I did cfg.pad = 'nextpow2' to get integers in my power time series, it could nice to do it in BS as well,

With the Brainstorm or SPM12 versions of this multitaper, you won't be able to set these two parameters as you want. If you really want to modify these values, we'd have to think of another solution. If you would like to help us improve the Brainstorm access to the FieldTrip multitaper, one solution would be to add hidden parameters to the process function process_ft_mtmconvol, and use them in bst_timefreq if they are defined (instead of recomputing them with the Brainstorm/SPM logic).
If you'd like to propose any modification to the code, please open a new PR on the Brainstorm github repository.

One last question, I'm replicating my results but I already know I have some effects between 70-95 Hz, could I simply do 1 big calculation between 70 and 95 Hz without affecting the results I got before?

I'm not sure what your concern is. Can you explain with more details your question?

François