Problem with epileptogenicity resulte

Hello,

I am using BS for epileptogenicity map. But, after I complete the analysis, there is a problem with the result. The result of EI_SZ01_Data could not open, and the icon of it seems to different with the result of tutorial data. I used tutorial MRI data for test (the only difference is sEEG data and location file, but it opened will in BS).

How can I solve this problems?

Thank you for your support.

I guess you did something wrong in the import or preprocessing of your dataset, or the selection of the options.
At this moment, I can't help you debugging your results with this little information, because there are too many possible sources of error.

Please start by reproducing the tutorial with the SEEG dataset provided, to confirm that you manage to reproduce exactly the results.
Then start over your analysis, and detect the very first step where you start to observing divergent results between the tutorial and the analysis on your own data.

When I change only sEEG continuous data, this problem occurs.
I used .EDF format (Curry data). Could it leads to this problem?

Hello. Francois,

I am sending the procedure what I did.

Please check, what is the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Taeik Jang

EI protocol.docx (845.7 KB)

Have you reproduced exactly the results presented in the tutorial using the tutorial dataset, before trying to process your data?

I used .EDF format (Curry data). Could it leads to this problem?

I don't think so.

I am sending the procedure what I did.
Please check, what is the problem.

• What is mostly missing in this report are screen captures to show that the positions that you imported are correctly aligned. Your Curry .pom file is NOT aligned on the MRI volumes available in this tutorial, therefore there is no chance that this import can work. You must use a coordinates that have been defined in one of the volumes in the database.
  • By the way, I changed a few things recently, allowing to import SEEG positions defined on any volume in the database, instead of only the first one. Please update Brainstorm to get the latest import functions.
  • These epileptogenicity maps are computed using the patient anatomy, as it goes through a step of interpolating the SEEG values in the volume or in the surface. It does not make sense to try computing them on an anatomy that does not match the electrodes positions.
  • Generate SPM canonical surfaces: We don't recommend using this anymore, please see the comment at the beginning of this section: Generate SPM canonical surfaces

I attached the screen captures of location data. Is there any problem with this data?
Thank you for your help!

Have you reproduced exactly the results presented in the tutorial using the tutorial dataset, before trying to process your data?

First of all, please answer this question: have you managed to reproduce exactly the tutorial with the tutorial dataset?

I don't know, only you know where these electrodes were implanted.
But at least it shows that there are positions that are correctly defined.

Are you really trying to import the data from one of your patients onto the MRI of the patient from the tutorial dataset? What is your objective with this?

I don't think I'll be able to help you with the error you reported unless you share an example with me. If you are able to share some data with me, please:

• Duplicate the subject (right-click on the subject > File > Duplicate)
  • Delete all the unnecessary files:
    • In the anatomy: keep only the reference MRI and the surface files used in the computation of the epileptogenicity maps
    • If this is data from one of your patient who did not consent in having their anatomical data shared for research purposes: Deface the MRI (https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/News#March_2019)
    • In the functional data: keep only one raw folder for which you are trying to compute epileptogenicity maps (Raw folder SZ01_Data?): channel file + link to raw file
  • Menu File > Export protocol > Copy raw files to database
  • Right-click on the subject > File > Export subject
  • Test your package:
    • Menu File > Load protocol > Load from .zip file, select the .zip you've just created (e.g. "ProtocolName_SubjectName").
    • Make sure you can reproduce the exact same error as the one you reported while computing the epileptogenicity maps
  • Upload the .zip file somewhere
  • Send me the download link by private message on this forum
  • Post here a screen capture showing the options used for the epileptogencity computation

I've posted may updates to the epileptogenicity process and tutorial.
Please see this other thread for more information: