SEEG forward model error using OpenMEEG

Hi Brainstorm community,

I try to analyze the source model of sEEG data.
But as discussed in “http://neuroimage.usc.edu/forums/showthread.php?1089-OpenMEEG-error-134&highlight=SEEG”,
I encounter the problem of OpenMEEG error.
Is there any new idea to deal with this?
Thanks!!

Hello,

Please report the full error message on the associated OpenMEEG issue:

Thanks
Francois

Could you alo package an example dataset for us to test?

1. Duplicate the subject for which you are getting this error (right-click on the subject folder > File > Duplicate subject)
  2. Delete all the files that are not necessary to reproduce the error (both in the anatomy and the functional sides of the protocol, keep only the MRI, the head surface and the cortex surface that is selected), to make the file easier to share
  3. Right-click on the subject > File > Export subject
  4. Upload the .zip somwhere (eg. dropbox) and send me link by email (click on my username on this forum)

I will repackage the data so that it can be tested easily with different versions of OpenMEEG.

Hello,

Thank you for the example file.
Side note about the position of the EEG electrodes: I recommend you project them on the surface of the head of you subject: right-click on the channel file > MRI registration EEG: Edit > Button [Project electrodes on surface].
About the SEEG: I added earlier this week many new display tools and fixed a few bugs. I recommend you update Brainstorm to today’s version.

I created BEM surfaces with a low number of vertices, to run the test quickly (362 vertices).
Then I right-clicked on the the channel file > Compute head model > Use all the default parameters, and it creates correctly the forward model for both .

Maybe this is a bug specific to your operating system?
Please copy-paste the output of the “ver” command in Matlab in this thread, and I will try to test it on a similar OS.
If you are using the compiled Matlab version, please report the name and version of your operating system and the version of Matlab.

Please post a screen capture or copy-paste of the error message you get from OpenMEEG, we cannot explore your problem without knowing exactly what kind of error of error you get.

Thanks
Francois

Hi Francois,

Thanks for your information.
Following your instruction, the new version of Brainstorm works correctly and I got the BEM surfaces.

BTW, I share my OS and version of Matlab as follows:
MATLAB Version: 9.0.0.341360 (R2016a)
Operating System: Mac OS X Version: 10.9.5 Build: 13F1911

Thanks!!

FJ

Hello,

I discovered there is currently a bug in Brainstorm, that prevents using the option “Use adjoint formulation” with ECOG and SEEG contacts.
I will fix this soon. In the meantime, just avoid using this option.

Francois

The option “Adjoint” is actually not coded for SEEG.
I removed this option from the interface.

FYI: We improved significantly the tools available in Brainstorm for processing and visualizing SEEG and ECOG data, including new options for volume coregistration. They are now documented in a new tutorial:
http://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/Epileptogenicity