Invalid scale neuralsource

Hi, Francois

I am trying to calculate parametric test and permutation test but it doesnt run well. However, the "Difference A-B" works using the same files.

Prior steps for each subject it has been following:

Neural Source of all interval (0-1400) > Extract time of interest (TOI) P1 from the neural source > average TOI to get a image of 1 ms of each condition by subject.

imagen

How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance!
Esteban

Hi Esteban,

The “Invalid scale” label appears as it was not possible to find an adequate scale for the data. This is likely caused by the FDR correction that is applied for the visualization; it will decrease the p to a point where there is not data to show, thus no scale is possible to find.

Check this post: Statistic for EEG source analysis: t-test

Best,
Raymundo

Hi Raymundo and Francois,

I have kept the instructions from the post Raymundo attached in the prior response but my problems continue. Also I read "tutorial 24". I dont know where I am making mistakes.

I have tried dragging all sujects to "Process 2" (image) and dragging only de averages obtained from these subjects. But both ways dont work. I dont know if I have to typed anything in the Matlab command and what.

These analysis are very important from my thesis. I need help.

Thanks in advance and happy new year,
Esteban

Double-click on the colorbar of the figure, to make sure there is no parameter of the colormap that is causing any problem. You can also try to set manually the min/max values of the colorbar.
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/Colormaps

I'm not sure I understand what the list of files displayed in the Process2 tab of your last screen capture. It looks like you are running a test mixing multiple conditions? What exactly are your trying to compute?

If you can't find any solution, please share one of the stat file for which you keep on getting this "Invalid scale" error: right-click on the Matlab file > File > Show in file explorer, zip the file, upload it somewhere, and post the download link here.

Hi, Francois.

My task has 4 experimental conditions (congruent/incongruent symmetric stimuli, congruent/incongruent asymmetric stimuli) and two groups (healthy controls (CS) and multiple sclerosis (EM) patients). I want to compute differences between symmetric and asymmetric in each gruops. For this reason, I list in the Process2 tab all symmetric trials into the left list and all asymmetric trials into right list.

If I do double-click on the colorbar of the figure and select BFR we can see this:

If

I do the same but click "uncorrected", we see this:

but this is rare for me

If I perform "Difference A-B", we see this (independently if I select "BFR" or "uncorrected"

Difference A-B runs very well, apparently.

Please, find attached files zipped.

presults_no_230107_1146.zip (450.5 KB)
presults_no_230107_1155.zip (448.8 KB)

I want to compute differences between symmetric and asymmetric in each gruops. For this reason, I list in the Process2 tab all symmetric trials into the left list and all asymmetric trials into right list.

Make sure the sequence of averages and tests you are doing follows the recommendations listed on this page:
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/Workflows#Constrained_cortical_sources

If I perform "Difference A-B", we see this (independently if I select "BFR" or "uncorrected"

The result of a difference are not associated with any notion of statistical significance. The options selected in the Stat tab do not apply (they would be disabled if you did not have other stat results open at the same time). The threshold is controlled with the data threshold tab of the Surface tab.
https://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Tutorials/SourceEstimation#Display:_Cortex_surface

Make sure you followed and understood the difference and statistics tutorials before trying to process your own data:

Please, find attached files zipped.

None of the screen captures in your last post show this "Invalid scale".
Have you solved this issue?
What help do you need exactly with the files you shared?

Everything is okay. Sorry for the disturbance. I am new in Brainstorm. Although I am reading tutorials I have to continue analyzing data in the meantime. For this reason, there are problems that I dont know how resolve them yet.
Thanks for your help.